Deputy Director of Human Capital
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy, the environment and human health. Vision: Healthy plants, safe trade and sustainable aggro-environment for a prosperous Kenya. Mission: To provide a science based regulatory service by assuring plant health, quality of agricultural inputs and produce for food security, globally competitive agriculture and sustainable development. Core values Customer focus Professionalism and Integrity Teamwork Results oriented Innovation and Creativity Corporate social sustainability Strategic Objectives To protect plants from pests, weeds and invasive species. To facilitate review and strengthening of the policy, legal and regulatory framework, so that it is in tandem with both local and international agricultural sector emerging issues. To contribute towards improved levels of agricultural productivity. To support compliance to market requirements. To build adequate technical and infrastructural capacity to facilitate efficient and effective delivery of the KEPHIS mandate. To mobilize adequate financial resources and ensure optimal allocation and utilization to enable full implementation of planned programmers and activities. To enhance synergies through information and resource sharing with stakeholders and partners. To enhance the visibility and corporate image of KEPHIS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise the Board and Management on matters relating to human resources management;
- nitiate the development, implementation and review of the Corporation’s Human Resource policies, procedures and processes;
- Develop, implement and evaluate staff career and succession plans, progression and development to determine their effectiveness as tools for staff attraction, retention, motivation and job satisfaction;
- Develop, implement and evaluate staff benefits schemes and rewards systems as ways of improving staff motivation, job satisfaction, attraction and retention;
- Coordinate staff performance management in line with the Corporation’s annual objectives and targets;
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of staff;
- Manage human resource planning and undertaking organization review to ensure an optimal structure;
- Manage learning and development in the organization;
- Ensure the Service’s approved Human Resource policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Manage the Service’s payroll.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences/Human Resource Management/Business Administration or other relevant course from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management/Business Administration (Human Resource Management Option) or other relevant course from a university recognized in Kenya;
- CHRP (K) or an equivalent relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership in a relevant professional in good standing;
- Served for at least ten (10) years related work experience five (5) of which must be in a supervisory position;
- Attended a Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Membership in a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Meets the provisions of the Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Communication Skills;
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Leadership skills;
- Supervisory skills;
- Analytical Skills; and
- Keen to details.
- Proficiency in human resource information systems;
- Knowledge of national labour laws;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Demonstrated ability to implement Quality Management Systems;
- A track-record of excellent time management skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should visit the online portal located in the Careers section of KEPHIS website (www.kephis.go.ke) to submit applications electronically. Clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number on the subject line, with a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts, national identification cards and any other supporting documents (as pdf attachments) not later than 13th February, 2024 at 5.00 p.m.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer. Potential candidates from marginalized communities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail their original and certified copies of the relevant certificates & transcripts and original national identity card during the interview.
- Successful candidates must obtain and submit valid clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Directorate of Criminal Investigation and an approved Credit Reference Bureau as per Chapter six of the Constitution.
The Managing Director
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) P.O. Box 49592-00100